If you are a web developer or want to host a website on webserver then you have to use a Mac FTP client. FTP client allows users to transfer files between computer and web hosting servers.
So when you encounter any issue on the server-side, you require an FTP Client For Mac to manage files on the server. Using these Mac FTP Clients, you can access and manage all files on the cloud.
Content is like a valuable asset to a business, and therefore Ftp client software also plays a crucial role here. In this post today, we are going to mention some top seven FTP Client software for Mac users that can save a fortune for you.
What is FTP?
FTP or File Transfer Protocol offers a convenient way to update files without logging into the server and also good at fast downloads. It is nothing but a standard network protocol that allows file transfer between hosts over a TCP-based network like the Internet.
On the other hand, the FTP client is a software that helps you locate files existing on the server via your computer system. The FTP client can also help you resolve some standard WordPress errors.
Why we need FTP?
We need FTP for facilitating the file transfer from one host to another over a TCS based network such as the Internet. You can use an FTP client to connect your computer with the WordPress hosting account.
You can also read: Best PDF Editor For Mac
What is the best FTP client for Mac?
Before choosing an FTP Client for your Mac, make sure it is user-friendly and easy to use. These are some of the following considerations before choosing an FTP client for Mac.
- One common access point.
- Password encryption for enhanced security.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- It should have the ability to pre-configure settings like IPs, ports, protocols, etc.
- Backup and syncing features.
- Drag and drop support.
- Cross-platform support.
- Directory comparisons.
- Multiple languages.
- Remote file editing.
Top 7 FTP client for Mac
Here is a list of some best and popular FTP client for Mac users.
CuteFTP offers premium quality features and advanced support. It the full-fledged pack of power and performance in a single entity. Also, it is available for both Windows and Mac users. As professional client software, it can be used at a minimal cost of $59 only.
- It supports one-time password authentication.
- Supports integrated color-coded HTML editor.
- Segmented downloading feature.
- Built-in wizard to help new users.
- FTP, SFTP, and WebDAV support.
- Extended support.
- It has a steep learning curve for novice users.
- File comparison feature does not exist.
- Connection support for cloud IaaS providers is not given.
It is a free FTP client for both Windows and Mac users. It integrates with your Mac system in a hassle-free manner. Cyberduck supports features like login credentials in the keychain, third party app connection, and compatible with several cloud services.
- It supports various cloud services like Google, Azure, S3, Blacbazke 2, and many more.
- Excellent transfer speed.
- Multiple bookmarking.
- Developer support.
- It allows multiple protocols like FTP, SFTP, FTPS, etc.
- No portable version available.
- Downloading from unknown sources may lead to adware.
- It tends to run slower than other FTP client software.
#3. File Zilla
File Zilla is one of the most popular FTP client software for Mac users. This open-source and free client tool comes up with detailed documentation to help you understand its working. It is quite simple to connect the site and local space with the File Zilla tool.
- It is compatible with IPv4 and IPv6.
- Filters option by filename.
- Quick file transfer.
- Regular updates.
- Compare box available for directories.
- Simple drag and drop interface.
- It has an outdated interface due to being one of the oldest FTP clients in the market.
- It displays some ads while running.
Transmit is an excellent FTP client software for Mac that allows multiple servers to connect at the same time. Although it is not free, you can try out its free trial version. It accommodates to the Mac environment and enhances its productivity.
- Open in Terminal option.
- Remote-remote synchronization.
- Two-factor login.
- Excellent speed.
- Selectable file sync.
- Improved remote URL copy.
- It displays ads while running.
- Outdated drag and drop interface.
#5. Cross FTP
Cross FTP is a cross-platform, GUI-based FTP client for Mac users. It features a variety of options to offer FTP transportation. It has some enhanced security and file transmission features. Let’s have a look at its pros and cons.
- An excellent FTP client.
- It has a user-friendly GUI interface.
- It supports WebDAV.
- It offers decent and good security.
#6. Commander One Pro
Commander One Pro, developed by Eltima Group, comes up with both the free and premium versions. Although the premium version is fully packed with advanced features while the free version also possesses all the required features.
- Compact mode.
- Terminal emulator.
- Zip support.
- Assign hotkeys for action.
- Support different languages.
- Access to history.
- No cloud storage support.
The forklift is another FTP client for Mac users. The best feature about this client is that you can compare files while transferring them over two bifurcated panes. You can also enable multiple file transfer for optimum performance.
- Dropbox support.
- Good file management.
- Git sync.
- Dark mode.
- Fast transfer speed.
- Multiple tab multiple folder feature.
- Remote editing.
- It is an expensive tool.
We have curated the list of some top seven FTP client software tools for Mac users. These tools will help you quickly transfer files. All of these FTP tools are dedicated to Mac users. Some of them can be used for other platforms like Windows, Linux, etc.