Imagine you are typing something in your MacBook and then suddenly your keyboard stops working. What should you do then? I know it is a scary phase to be in but trust me there is always a way out. You don’t have to get into the panic mode and cry out your heart out. I went through the same situation once, and I got out of it. So, there is hope. I remember all the ways that I tried in order to fix the MacBook keyboard not working. Just take a seat and read the instructions.
Fix Macbook Keyboard Not Working
They are undoubtedly very easy to follow and fixes the problem. Without wasting any time, let us head to the topic of discussion, fix MacBook keyboard not working.
Method 1: You can start by cleaning the keyboard
It is true; cleaning is actually a recommended solution to fix MacBook keyboard not working. So what you can do is get a can of compressed air and a straw to regulate the airflow. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- You will have to hold your MacBook at a 75-degree angle.
- Make use of the compressed air to spray into the keyboard in a left to right motion.
- Then, please rotate the MacBook to its right side and respray it from your left to the right.
- You will have to repeat this to its left side.
The compressed air will push out any dust particles, food particles, crumbs out of the keyboard. Sometimes those particles can hinder the functioning of the keypad and then slow down your work progress. Try this method. If it works then its well and if it does not then try the next process that I have for you.
Also Read: How to Factory Reset MacBook Air
Method 2: Please check for updates
The method that you can try to fix MacBook keyboard not working asks you to check for updates. One reason that your keyboard is not working is that of outdated firmware, drivers, or even the operating system. All of this could affect the keyboard.
If you wish to look for updates, then you will have to open the App Store and then click on the button which says Update icon. If at all, there are any updates available then click on the option which says Update or Update all button in order to them.
If you wish to do this automatically, then please go to System Preferences then App Store, followed by checking the ‘Automatically check the updates’ box.
Method 3: Deleting recent apps
Next method that you can try in order to fix MacBook keyboard not working then you can even try deleting recent apps. It is common that when you download an app, then problems start to crop up. What you can do is delete some of the recent apps and then checking if it has solved the equation or not.
Did you know that you can delete the applications manually two ways? First is through the Launchpad and the second is through Finder. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to delete apps through Launchpad.
- You will have to click on the Launchpad icon.
- Then, followed by positioning the pointer over the app which you want to delete.
- Press and hold till all the icons start to jiggle.
- Please enter the delete button And, you are done.
If you wish to delete the recent apps through Finder, then follow the steps
- Click on Applications when you reach Finder
- Look for the apps that you want to delete and then drag the selected ones from the Application folder to the Trash folder.
- Followed by emptying the trash permanently
You can even try CleanMyMac in order to fix MacBook keyboard not working through deleting the recent apps.
Even though deleting is an easy process, but the deleted apps do leave a trail behind. If you wish to remove the apps wholly, then use the CleanMyMac X’s Uninstaller feature to get the best solution. Here are the steps that you need to follow.
You will have to start by downloading and then launching CleanMyMac X which is free to download
- Then, click on the Uninstaller tab.
- Followed by clicking on View All Applications.
- Please check the box for any app that you wish to remove.
- Finally hitting the Uninstall button.
- And, just like that, you have deleted the apps.
So, this brings us to the end of the topic of fix MacBook keyboard not working. I hope these solutions have solved your problem. If you still have some queries, then you can write to me. I will get back to you soon!
Thank you for reading. Until next time.